Current mood: relaxed
Panama was really fast... just a 9 hour layover... but we were right next to the beach... i didn't get to see it until the next morning though. I really wanna go back. But as always... here is a picture from the 12th floor.
I got to briefing for my Alaska trip and my flight leader tells us to be prepared because these are not our average flyers... Some of these people have never flown before... some rarely ever see people because they sit on an oil rig for three months or go snow crab fishing... some of the people will be really old because alaska is on their list to see before they die... so its something to cross off their "bucket list".
As soon as we boarded the plane I get a short little middle aged lady within 3 inches from my face screaming about how she can't put her bag underneath her seat and she should have been warned about it. She kept asking me what she could do and I kept smiling and telling her to put it in her over head bin during take off and landing and then she could take it down. She asked me what she could do with it then... put it on her head... that's what she said. "do you want me to put it on my head?" i kept surprisingly calm... it might been because i actually did my devotions via podcast that morning.
Little did I know about 10 minutes after I walked away from screamy pants she had a panic attack in the back galley... she fell on the floor in tears and was outta control because she wasnt sure she could make it on a 7 hour flight. The flight attendant grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her and told her to pull herself together... The lady almost got kicked off the flight... she took some valium or something and was advised to sit quietly or else... she did. I ran back and forth though to keep bringing her a cup of hot tea and cups of ice... she had no expression the entire flight.. apparently valium just makes her stop crying... but valium makes me relaxed and happy... maybe she needed a double dose. After she got off the flight she told us that it was the worst flight she had ever had... whatever.
After we get in flight... we walk through the aisles and there is a guy with a cut off shirt and a gold swordfish necklace who has a radio with an antennae... we tell him that he cannot use that and he says he's trying to pick up the race.... umm... in which country?! A little while later he hands us 2 empty bottles of jim beam. we don't serve jim beam. we tell him that he cannot drink his own alcohol on the plane... its not only not right... it's actually illegal according to the FAA. We had to tell him over 6 times to stop drinking jim beam.
After we served dinner and finally finished picking up and had a second to breathe a guy comes in the back and asks us for dinner... the flight attendant asked him if he was served dinner and he said no that he was sleeping. she shot me a look to see if i had served him and i was 98 percent sure that i did but i couldnt prove it... so we had to give him another one. later he stopped us and said he wanted one of our crew meals... um... its one thing to con me out of an extra dinner... its another thing to con me out of MY dinner... especially since it the first time I haven't eaten ramen noodles in 2 days. We tell him no. Well he makes a smart remark to the one flight attendant about how he conned us outta a dinner and she tells him "you know what happens to liars dont you?". it was the funniest thing ive ever heard a flight attendant tell a passenger... she proceeds to tell him that she hates liars. wow. later on he comes in the back and tries to make nice with us... he asks me for peanuts... i tell him no. i told him we already served peanuts and the galley was closed for landing. he gives me a little attitude and i didnt care. he sat down. When i was picking up the trash i walked past him and he said "man... it sure would be nice to have some peanuts rights now." i said "sorry... its locked for landing." he said "well i have a key... " i rolled my eyes and walked off and told him good luck with that.
Before we landed my flight leader told me that i HAVE to go into the cockpit to look at the view. Holy crap! It was honestly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. All these pictures are taken with my camera phone though... so sorry about the crappy quality.
We got to Anchorage and went out to dinner together. I got some tasty potato soup and tried my first clam ever. It was boiled... yuck. not a fan. The halibut was great though for sure. I was so tired... it was 10pm here and still light outside but it was 2am in atlanta... whew!
I got up this morning and walked around... it's so beautiful... very peaceful. I walked in and out of shops and watched the salmon boats... I think next may I will bring my sister, dad and boyfriend for a little old fashion salmon fishing trip... :) I fly out tonight... and get into atlanta at 6am and then straight to texas to see my man! :) for like 2 seconds... then over to london. :) it's a hard life but someone has to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment