My friend texted me today to tell me he felt like me when he was standing on a corner of a bus stop waiting for his ride that never came.
Bad luck?
Bad Kharma?
I dunno.
"everything is a test"
that's what we told ourselves every day in Delta training.
I'm almost one month into flying and I'm not sure how many more tests I can take.
Anything that could happen to you... well, it probably already happened to me... twice.
I'm wearing 2 different socks because I lost the other pairs of both socks along the way.
Hi. My name is Julie... and here is my violin.
Can I play it for you?
It's 2:30am at the Newark International Airport in New Jersey. This has been one of my new homes. I am learning all the secret corridors in these places. Again... here I am eating my overpriced ramen noodles for dinner and waiting for my 6am flight.
I get to go home tomorrow! I'm pretty excited. I think that most of my... let's call it a mini depression... is coming from being home sick... not having a steady schedule... being malnutritioned and dehydrated (that's all according to my wise friend as well).
The rest of my reason for my "depression" is money. It's the biggest portion.
Did you know flight attendants don't make any money?
Did you know that I qualify for FOOD STAMPS?!
Did you know that there are flight attendants who are already on these food stamps?
holy crap.
I get paid every two weeks... now granted my whole time in training we got paid minimum wage... that's $5.85 an hour I believe... so my last check was part training and part flying... I think... I hope that it never looks like that again... Let's just say... It didnt even cover my cell phone bill. So without getting technical on my money problems, let me tell you that the $300 check went towards transportation and food... for 2 weeks... cause its expensive in New York. So... who wants to pay my rent, cell phone, car, car insurance, water, cable, electric, and buy me new luggage? I'm pretty sure no one does... I don't even want to.
Now here's the irony... the part where the situation actually has my bad luck sealed in my name...
I have $15 in my account. You can't pull $15 out of an account unless you are at a bank. I have $5 in my pocket. Tomorrow I get into Nashville and to get from the airport to my house is a $15 cab ride. What the crap?! So I'm either hitchhiking or walking. It's probably only 15 miles away anyways... Then I know that there is a check in my mailbox waiting for me... everything is fine after that. But to get from point A to point C you need point B. My life always misses out on point B.
Another example of my irony.
I needed to get from the LaGuardia aiport to Jersey City, New Jersey at 1am. There are 3 trains involved. I actually had the money this time... so where is the irony in this point B? My wheel fell off of my suitcase. I had to catch the M60 bus to get to the N train to go to 34th street. Walk to 33rd street and catch the path train and walk about 6 blocks to my friends house dragging a suitcase minus a wheel that sounded like I was being followed by a freight train.
Do you think that this gets me down? Nope.
I'm laughing right now... on the inside of course because I have to be quiet cause everyone around me is sleeping...
but I laugh because I know it will all work out in some weird way that is my life...
I will somehow get a ride home tomorrow and have a crazy story to tell you... like how I hitchhiked on a motorcycle and towed my wheel-less luggage behind me... or how I just parachuted from the plane a few minutes early to land on my front porch... shoot. I dunno... but that's my life!
I tell all my friends... I cannot offer you much in life... but I can promise you this... if you hang with me... there will be adventure. I make that an oath... There will never be a dull day with me.
If you have ever driven in a car with me... or gone to the grocery store... or even parked my car with me... it won't be boring. Thats for sure!
One day I will write a book about all my missing Point B's... or all the adventures that you didnt expect to have with me... like the time I actually did hitchhike on a motorcycle with 2 other friends and 2 other motorcycles... or the day where I was supposed to drive Kevin Max to a show and I couldnt parallel park so we had to get out and trade seats so he could park my car at his own show in front of the line of fans waiting to get in... or the time when I slept at an airport but didnt really sleep... oh wait... that's right now.
Well... wish me luck on my travels home... and if my cell phone is shut off between now and who knows when... well... send me an e-mail. :)
xxoo
JulieKristine
Monday, April 28, 2008
my life... is this for real?
Labels:
flight attendant,
flying,
job,
kevin max,
moving,
nashville,
new jersey,
new york
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment