Thursday, February 28, 2008

Training Day Three

Current mood: accomplished
Yesterday was a 12 hour day... not including the 2 hours spent working on myspaces prior to that. Perk Place is going to be my favorite part of the day, no doubt. Their playlist matches my itunes... minus the booty droppin hot playlist.... sigur ros is playing now. lovely.

Today is my first test. I'm not worried... and as I say that all the nerves in my body tense up and I can't feel my left arm.... heart attack?
We've already lost a few students... leaving at lunch and never came back. Wonder how many of us will graduate. I had a talk at lunch with some girls that are a few weeks ahead of me in training. They were so nice and encouraging. We sat in 4 or 5 different airplanes yesterday and played with emergency exits... those doors aren't little and they sure as heck aren't light... I'm a little girl... I'm gonna have to start pumping iron. I really thought I was stronger... whew.

I made some friends yesterday and after starving for 14 hours finally made it over to ruby tuesday for a well deserved margarita and a real meal. Salads at the speedline just aren't gonna cut it for me. I think I am making more friends since I have a car and most people here don't. haha

I found out yesterday that my friend from Texas that moved to Tennessee is now moving to NYC around the same time as me... I'm trying my best to convince my friend, Lena, to move with me as well... We can all share a Uhaul and drive up together... I'm NOT driving a Uhaul into the city. I can't wait to sell my car and get started.

Next week is Emergency Training Week... CPR, Immunizations, Evacuations Procedures and hell if I know what else. It's supposed to be your hardest week. It hit alot of us yesterday that we aren't just joining a cool job... we are in charge of saving peoples lives, dealing with puke, jerks, urinating children... and doing it with 21st century grace. Flight attendants are the epitome of a "lady"... in appearance and mannerisms. But surprisingly enough it's actually coming natural to me. Who knew there was a lady underneath it all? :) I'm actually waking up with energy at 5:30 in the morning and excited to do my hair and make up for 40 minutes... and wear a skirt, hose and heals. I look amazing! haha Sure its the first week and I will probably be so over this by Tuesday next week. Ha!

I picked up a new myspace management client and a new design client. I will give you more information soon. I can't wait until the 14th & 15th... Sterling Y is coming to GA and I will be in desperate need of RocknRoll and cute boys.
OH... which brings me to the MOST asked question by my friends and family.... NO. not all male flight attendants are gay. I saw one guy show up in a suit and tie the first day with tennis shoes on... no way a gay man would ever make that faux paux. There are about 1/3 male flight attendants and maybe out of that 1/4 are obviously gay. I'm really not sure why people think you must a gay if you are a a male flight attendant... it's a great job... why wouldnt EVERYONE want to do it?

Tomorrow I get fitted for uniform and put in my order... the uniforms are HOT. I get a $400 starting allowance and then another $150 to spend in September. I love clothing allowances. :)

Anyways... keep me in your prayers. Love Love Love--- See you soon. JulieK

No comments:

Post a Comment