Current mood: adventurous
I was twittering most of what happened yesterday but I thought I
might connect the dots for you. It was quite eventful. So I was flying
in from Panama. The flight itself was pretty uneventful. When we landed
I had this super strong feeling that I was going to be chosen for the
random drug testing. I don't know why. I just had this feeling.
So we land and as soon as the plane door opens there were customs
people and apparently fbi guys waiting on the jetway to check
everyone's passports. That never happens.... or at least I've never
seen it happen. So I was at the back of the plane just chilling and
waiting for the longest deplaning in history and missed most of the
action. Apparently they were searching for a specific gender and race
and letting everyone else pass. The girls picked the next "passport
suspect" in line and he didn't look nervous because he couldn't see
what was going on. Once they found him they threw him against the
jetway wall took his coat off him and handcuffed him and took him away.
Everyone was so confused. Even us. We had no idea what was going on. So
we all go to clear customs and immigration ourselves but the one flight
attendant stayed behind to help a passenger get her cellphone back that
she had left on the plane.
After I clear customs and immigration there is a Delta person waiting
for me to be random alcohol tested. So crazy. I think I have ESPN. :)
So I head to the A concourse to go blow in a machine to prove I hadn't
been drinking before 10am. haha As I'm waiting for the elevator I see
Colonel Sanders... I am not joking. He was wearing the suit, the tie,
the glasses, the cane, and the KFC pin. His wife was in a wheelchair
and he was walking slow with her down the concourse. Everyone was
shouting, "Colonel Sanders!" And he was waving. Now my mouth was
dropped open and I just stared. I had thought he died. I wiki-ed it on
my phone and he did die. So who is this old man walking around the
airport impersonating the KFC guy? It was like seeing the ghost of
Elvis. :)
I get into the elevator with one flight attendant and I was telling her
how this had been the weirdest day of my life and it was just starting.
She laughed. Now when we get into the elevator to take us to our Flight
Attendant lounge, we have to swipe our badges and punch in a code to
take us there. Well I thought there were only 3 levels to the
airport... um no. The elevator this time opened to some part of the
airport abyss with pipes and a worker singing "Welcome to the jungle"
to us. So crazy.
I finally make it to the drug testing area and I blow in the machine
and told the lady of all my events of the day. She was laughing so
hard. Obviously I passed the test. I went to grab some food but the
flight attendant who had stayed behind to help the cellphone lady found
me in the lounge and told me she has asked the customs guys what had
happened and why that guy was arrested. He told her that the man was
wanted for murder. woah.
Anyways... my day was pretty much uneventful after that. I was going to
try and go to TX before my flight the next day but all the planes were
back up due to weather so I stayed the night in Atlanta at the Delta
dorms. Not bad because now they have wi-fi. I wish they had that when I
was in training, would have saved me a lot of money. Tonight I'm
heading to Detroit then to San Diego. Nice long layover... enough to
work out and sleep a lot. Hopefully they won't be as action packed.
Ps. the day before yesterday I had Ricky Schroder on my flight from San
Antonio to Atlanta. The one flight attendant went crazy over him. Guess
she grew up watching Silver Spoons. :)
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment