So I ended up getting an entire week off in Texas and still getting paid and it was GREAT! I didn't realize how much I needed that. I was starting to get burned out. For a whole week my life was decently normal... I went shopping, to the movies, hung with my friends, did laundry, hung out with my boyfriend and had a great time. The only thing was that every time I tried to go to the pool the freaking rain came out! So no sun for me. :/ I guess thats the upside to being italian and having a very white boyfriend... I always look dark, even minus the tan. :) (i <3 u!)
I gotta see TONS of friends! Kevin and Uncle Greggles and Gregg G and all my girls. It was nice!
Anyways... I finally got to Atlanta for a 6:30pm standby and after weather delays and such I got here... I saw on my schedule that they had a Panama trip for me tomorrow because I'm on call for 3 days... so that means even being on stanby... they really couldnt send me anywhere because I have to technically have 24 hours of rest before an international trip. heck yes! so I sat here from 6:30pm until 11:30pm on standby and just played on my boyfriends myspace making him a layout to pass the boredom. So they didn't use me... I knew it. I coulda spent another night in Texas. :/
It is oddly good to be back though... I love this job... as much as I talk crap about it. I just needed a little break. So I saw a few of my Hebrew friends in the lounge and showed off my new phrases. I am so determined to be the 1st non-jewish girl flying to Tel-Aviv, Israel as a Hebrew speaker. I aim high! Guess who else is here at the airport? My old friend the snoring flight attendant... you remember ... the one who snores inappropriately and farts in her sleep? Oh yea... she's making quite the scene here today... Everyone is moving away from her and laughing... One girl said.. "I hope i don't end up like that in the end." Ditto girl... ditto.
They call the Atlanta old ladies the "cat farmers"... they either are divorced a few times or never got married... and they just live with their cats... I don't think thats totally fair... cause i like cats... and up until recently I had two and was divorced... am i already doomed to be the old lady cat farmer at 25?! I feel like it sometimes.... then Rick reminds me that I'm not old... just older than him. ha! just kidding... sorta.
Anyways... When I come back from Panama I get to see my mom who is on her way back from Cali heading towards Chile and took a day in between travels to spend with her oldest daughter.. aka.. me! I'm pretty stoked about that! That's about all the news I have for now... It's about 10 days before my next day off... which sucks big time... but I have a new eating regimen that Rick helped me set up... so I can eat healthier for cheaper and I think that I will have more energy and be healthy... I feel good about that. Better food= happy girl... especially to an italian/german girl... food is pretty much a big deal for me... ramen every day for a week was not making me a happy girl... or healthy or skinnier. ha! but I do love me some ramen... so it's still in my lunchbox. :)
That's all for now.. I'm sure I'll make some sort of fool outta myself in the next few days that will be blog worthy... until then you can send tons of e-mails and friends requests to my boyfriend (hes on my top friends) or comment on some pictures or watch some videos... I do what I can to entertain you... and I'm feeling a video blog coming again soon. :)
peace, love and fried CHICKENS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment