I was heading on my way to New York from Nashville on May 2 to fly a 5am rotation for that next morning. Well we had a crazy night the night before... and I'm not even going to go into that story... but definitely top 10 in the weirdest nights in my life... so we fell asleep very late... very short sleep and I had to fly out at 1:50 to New York with a 40 minute stop over in Cinci-Nasty. Of course by noon I hadnt showered or even packed or eaten anything... I barely made the flight.
I've been trying to drop that rotation for 3 weeks... It was just a fast turn and I'd only get paid for about 3 hours of work and it was going to consume all my time... but no one would pick up that trip. So I get to Cinci and grab some nasty pizza really quick and my phone rings...
It's In-Flight Scheduling.
They tell me that my trip just got dropped. I was like YES! No LaGuardia sleeptime for me tonight!
but why couldn't they have called just one hour earlier when I was still at home in Nashville?
Well you know and I know that my life has no 'point b'. So I quickly cancel my flight from Cinci to LGA and try and figure out a few options.
1) Head straight to San Antonio early and I can go to church on Sunday with my parents.
2) Head home to Nashville, get some sleep catch my friend 27 and friends for another night out, and clean my house then head to San Antonio
3) Head to Austin and drive into San Antonio the next morning and surprise my parents at church
4) Head to Atlanta and get halfway to Texas and see my GA friends...
Well I missed the last flight out to SA by like 5 minutes.
and the flights to nashville were full... and my friends in atlanta had plans... and i couldnt get ahold of my girl in Austin... so I temporarily freaked out.
Finally I heard from Lynn and she was down for pickin me up in Austin and driving me down to SA the next morning..
Suweet.
I got first class down to Texas and slept for a minute. Lynn dropped me off at 1604 and 281 starbucks and my other friend picked me up to take me to church.
So I do have a point B... it's just never a normal things like everyone else's.
My mom was so surprised that she cried. That was pretty cool to surprise her. I was not so excited to step foot back in that church again... which is why I brought the moral support of my friend... I conquered it head on and saw all the people that most hurt me in the last 3 years (they were all sitting behind me)... My hands were all shaky and sweaty and we did our fake smiles like nothing has ever happened between us... I'm so not a fan of fake. I'd rather tackle things caveman style cause I'm not good at expressing myself verbally either... only by writing... which is why i text and aim...
So now I am just chilling, working on myspaces, visiting my parents, visiting friends and that's nice. I'm lookin forward to getting back to work and fly my butt of for 2 weeks straight... probably more... im sure... but we shall see what is gonna happen. I'm trying to take things one step at a time... and trust that God is going to take care of me and all my bills...
my very wise friend told me that God wouldnt have brought me this far... I believe him.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment